8 Reason why to move the first birthday out of the house.
First birthday parties are such a wonderful occasion. Unlike other birthday parties, first birthday parties are large gatherings and require extra planning and money. Here are 8 practical reason why having a 1st birthday at another location makes sense.
- Food preparation: Hosts around the world ask themselves this question,” What do I server the 40-60 coming to the party?” Most of us have not had a reason to cook for a large group, let alone prepare that much food. Should I cater the party, or cook a meal? If you chose to cater, it is costly and if you cook the meal, do you have time for all the work that’s involved? Let alone the space and equipment to do it efficiently?
- Where to park the cars? Some hosts will hire a valet service that will park the cars around the neighborhood. Others will leave it up to their guest to fend for themselves and drive around the neighborhood until they find parking. However, when you invite 35 people to a party, figure ½ of them will need to parking spot. Can your neighborhood handle the extra parking?
- Rubbing shoulders with Uncle Bob: An intimate setting is nice, but when 60 people are moving around, it is not intimate any more, but confining. Where are all your guest going to sit, eat, and will they be able to take-part in all the activities.
- Cleaning the house: Having a 1-year old in the house is a lot of work, but having to clean it from top to bottom is a lot of work too. Advantage of having a party at another location . . . it's already clean.
- A house is cozy, but is it the right atmosphere? If you are looking to create an atmosphere that “wows” the guest, most homes don’t have that oomph. Banquet halls and restaurants create an atmosphere that most houses just cannot achieve.
- I’m not an octopus: Trying to be a host, parent and server at a party is impossible. Have the event at a banquet hall or restaurant and you have help to server, clean, and assist you in all your party needs.
- No clean up: Unlike having a party at home, once the party is over you leave. No cleaning, no worrying about putting food away, just gather your stuff and walk out the door.
- Will you leave already! Every family as that one person who has no place to go and wants to spend the entire evening sitting, watching TV, playing video games, or just hanging out. As much as you enjoy the persons company, it’s been a long day. All you want to do is relax in your own home and that mean… all party guest must leave.