It seems that the gift bag is always left to the very last moment, and sometimes forgotten in the big picture. I have decided, to give gift bags only to the little people who are coming to the party.
So what do I give them, candy, cupcakes, or little toys that parents can step on in the middle of the night?
I myself have given candy. It is easy, toss candy in little decorative baggies and you are done. I know, lame. Sometimes you just do not have time, money, energy or worse yet an idea what to give.
Looking on line I have seen a bunch of cool things that are inexpensive and easy to use for gift bags. I personally like the dollar store. I get about 80% of the stuff from this stores and is my go-to place when it come to kid's birthday parties.
Be it a theme or favorite colors, here are some cute birthday parties gift bag ideas.
- Customize water bottles, print custom monogrammed labels on pink or blue labels, and adhered the label to a water bottles.
- Staying on the label idea, you can use the theme and put a picture on the label and you can stick it to anything. How about, a chocolate bar, bubbles, or juice boxes to name a few.
- Make your own cookies. Cut out the shape of the theme of the party. Frost and bag them in little baggies. All kids love homemade cookies.
- Chalk.I love giving chalk. We use so much chalk during the summer it is crazy. Get colored bags from the dollar store and boxes of chalk. Put a couple of pieces of chalk in each bag and there you go.
- If you are going with a farm or cowboy theme, use bandanas. Use them as sacks by tying ends together, stuff with treats and goodies for the kids. Each person gets bandana a little package.
- Little buckets with shovels, bubbles, sand sifter. Even if it is not a beach them, they are easy to carry and hold all the goodies.
Michelle Obrochta is a mother of two boys, a wife to a entertainer, and runs an balloon business. Planning is a passion of Michelle's, and is always quick to volunteer to help in planing an event, participate in a school function, or help make the event special.